Wednesday, April 8, 2009

not worth it

One nugget I took from Carb Queen last night: when faced with an urge to eat, remember that it's not worth it. Sounds easy, doesn't it?

I was leaving my house after supper, running an errand. It is a given for me that once I leave, I stop by the nearest QuikStore and gather up a few candy bars. It's automatic.

So I picked up my license, debit card, and thought of taking a few bucks with me. Stopped. Remembered it's not worth it, repeated it a few times and went on.

At my sister's house, another habit of mine is to go straight to her kitchen, eat a few spoonsful of peanut butter. I don't keep peanut butter in the house. Can't. Eat it all. So I eat hers. Tonight . . . not worth it.

It's just one day, but it's a day I didn't have and one day post cookie binge without succumbing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment